Tuesday, February 3, 2009

its been long since my last post. haha. i got a job here. consider myself lucky coz the economy is so bad here and so many ppl got fired. i got in coz i got a referral from inside thanks to my aunt. i;m currently working as cashier in some restaurant called better burger and yes like its name it sells burgers and other food like fries and hotdogs etc. but only they r organic. lol. the staffs there r actually very nice ppl though almost everyone of them r spanish ppl and me and the other guy r the only chinese ppl around except for the manager. basically my job is to collect money and answers delivery calls and some other side work as well like cleaning the tables and refill stuffs. they hav foods which i hav never heard of like peanutbutter squash or wateve so i had some trouble with the calls coz i dunno how to answer the customers. one bad thing bout cashier is that if at the end of the day the counter is short cashiers hav to fork out the money. the very 1st day i was 20 dollars short and damn my partner and i had to tip in. i paid 7 bucks and he paid 13. however we also hav tips from customers so minus the tips on that day i paid only 3 bucks. luckily the next 2 days i was never short again or there goes all my pay.

No comments: